In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Islamic Insights Syndication Policies
In order to allow a greater exchange of ideas and information, Islamic Insights allows its original content to be reproduced in newspapers, magazines, and community newsletters, electronic or print.
However, any publication looking to reproduce content from our website must first seek approval from the publisher by emailing email@example.com
We currently have syndication agreements with the following organizations:
If you have been granted syndication permission, please note that the following terms and conditions apply:
- You are welcome to reproduce an unlimited number of articles.
- Each article that is reproduced must contain the author’s name in the by-line.
- “Islamic Insights –” must be added at the beginning of each article.
- All formatting (i.e. italics, underlines, etc.) must be maintained in the reproduction.
- All hyperlinks must be maintained if the reproduction is electronic.
- If the publication follows a different stylebook, then it is acceptable to change spellings, salutations, etc. (For example, it is acceptable to change “peace be upon him” to “pbuh”, Shaikh to Shaykh, Kadhim to Kazem, etc.)
- The end of each reproduced article should contain the following disclaimer: This article originally appeared in Islamic Insights [www.islamicinsights.com] magazine. It has been republished here with permission.
Please see the following example:
Olympics and the Hijab
By Masooma Beatty
Islamic Insights – On August 8, the Italian news agency Adn Kronos International (AKI) reported that the Friday prayer leader of Mashhad, Sayyid Ahmad Elmalhoda, strongly criticized that a female had carried the Iranian flag during the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
Why do we see so few Hijabi athletes at the Olympics? It seems that most women who observe Hijab do not achieve elite levels in athletics. There are many reasons for this, not all of them bad. But if the complaints of many Muslim women hold any bearing, there is a disparity that the Muslim communities need to address.
This article originally appeared in Islamic Insights [www.islamicinsights.com] magazine. It has been republished here with permission.
Please note that as a publication committed to the ideals of the Qur’an and the Holy Household of the Prophet (peace be upon them), Islamic Insights reserves the right to annul the syndication rights of any publication if its content is found to be in contradiction of Islamic beliefs and practices.
Revised: February 23, 2017